Search Lauterbrunnen, Bern Hotels from AU$136
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 11 Oct. 2019
Reviewed on 18 Oct. 2019
Reviewed on 9 Jul. 2019
Reviewed on 13 Mar. 2020
Visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views in Lauterbrunnen, which is also known for its ski areas and local tours. The scenic and quaint setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include Trummelbach Falls, Jungfraujoch, and Eiger.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Lauterbrunnen
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp) 47 from the city center
- The next closest is in Sion (SIR) 60.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lauterbrunnen
The hiking trails, waterfalls, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Trummelbach Falls, Lauberhorn, and Schilthorn are worth a visit. Top activities include skiing and taking local tours, while Mürrenbahn, Luftseilbahn Isenfluh Sulwald, and Isenfluh Cable Car are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Trümmelbachfälle and Valley Museum Lauterbrunnen.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Lauterbrunnen. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Eiger Swiss Quality Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel Edelweiss - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Oberland - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Jungfraujoch, located 5 mi (8 from the city center, and Eiger, which is 5.1 mi (8.2 away.
Getting Around Lauterbrunnen
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Lauterbrunnen Station, Mürren Station, or Lauterbrunnen Kleine Scheidegg Station. Lauterbrunnen may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lauterbrunnen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Lauterbrunnen gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Lauterbrunnen?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lauterbrunnen, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Lauterbrunnen?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Lauterbrunnen?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Lauterbrunnen?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Lauterbrunnen?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Lauterbrunnen?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Lauterbrunnen?
Where's the best place to stay for a winter holiday in Lauterbrunnen?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Lauterbrunnen?
Recent Reviews in Lauterbrunnen
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Lauterbrunnen airport?
- Where to stay near top Lauterbrunnen attractions?
- More accommodation types in Lauterbrunnen
- What kind of hotels are in Lauterbrunnen?
- Which hotel chains are in Lauterbrunnen?
- What are the most popular hotels in Lauterbrunnen?
- Are there hotels near Lauterbrunnen?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends