Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lombard, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its entertainment choices, coffeehouses, and zoo. Brookfield Zoo, Toyota Park, and Chicago Premium Outlets are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 997 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.) 14.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (DPA-Dupage) 20.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lombard
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Yorktown Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Lilacia Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Lombard. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard/Oak Brook - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms.
- Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Chicago Lombard - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Top places to visit in the area include Brookfield Zoo, located 9.6 mi (15.4 from the heart of the city, and Toyota Park, which is 13.2 mi (21.3 away.
Getting Around Lombard
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Lombard Station. Lombard might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lombard
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Lombard gets about 36.89 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F