Visiting Lee Vining
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Lee Vining, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its cafés, mountain views, and restaurants. A top sight in the area is Bodie Historic District.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Lee Vining
- The closest major airport is in Mammoth Lakes, CA (MMH-Mammoth Yosemite) 45.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lee Vining
The lakeside and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Mono Lake, Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area Visitor Center, and Lundy Lake. Additionally, you might want to add Mono Lake Committee Information Center to your agenda.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Lake View Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with digital TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Bodie Historic District, located 13.3 mi (21.4 from the center of the city.
Dressing for Lee Vining
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 33°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 16°F as the nighttime average
- Lee Vining gets about 36.30 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F