Visitors to Kempsey are sure to enjoy the riverfront and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its coffeehouses.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Kempsey
- The closest major airport is in Port Macquarie, NSW (PQQ) 41.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Coffs Harbour, NSW (CFS) 85.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kempsey
Places to visit in the larger region include Wigay Aboriginal Culture Park, Kempsey Museum, and Kempsey Golf Club. Additionally, you'll find Slim Dusty Heritage Centre and Crescent Head Country Club in the area.
Here's a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Park Drive Motel - This 3.5-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Getting Around Kempsey
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kempsey Station. Kempsey might not have as many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kempsey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kempsey is 58.19 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 46°F