Search Kathmandu, Nepal Hotels from AU$35
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Kathmandu, and visitors give high marks for the local tours, shopping, and beautiful gardens. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its temples. Top sights in the city include Pashupatinath Temple and Boudhanath.
- There are 405 hotels and other accommodations in Kathmandu
- The closest major airport is in Kathmandu (KTM-Tribhuvan Intl.) 5.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kathmandu
The city's cultural venues include Narayanhity Palace Museum and Freak Street. Its temples and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath, and Budhanilkantha Temple. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Durbar Marg and Kathmandu Civil Mall.
In Kathmandu, you'll be able to select from 405 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Dwarika's Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- Hotel Mulberry - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Thamel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- M Hotel Thamel-Kathmandu - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Thamel can enjoy access to a winery and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Kathmandu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Kathmandu gets about 35.12 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 38°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Kathmandu?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kathmandu, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Kathmandu?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Kathmandu?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Kathmandu?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Kathmandu?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Kathmandu?
What's the best boutique hotel in Kathmandu?
What's the best golf hotel in Kathmandu?
Where's the best place to stay in Kathmandu to be near historical sites?
Recent Reviews in Kathmandu
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Kathmandu airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Kathmandu?
- Where to stay near top Kathmandu attractions?
- More accommodation types in Kathmandu
- What kind of hotels are in Kathmandu?
- Which hotel chains are in Kathmandu?
- What are the most popular hotels in Kathmandu?
- Are there hotels near Kathmandu?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends