Visitors can enjoy all that Jamestown has to offer including its seaside. Around the area, top sights include Fort Adams State Park, Naval War College Museum, and Touro Synagogue.
- You'll find 136 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newport
- The closest major airport is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State) 8.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State) 11.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jamestown
The city's natural beauty is on display at Dutch Island, Conanicut Island Sanctuary, and Fort Wetherill State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jamestown Fire Memorial Museum and Jamestown and Newport Ferry.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Jamestown. Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Wyndham Bay Voyage Inn - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Popular places to see in the area include Fort Adams State Park, located 2.1 mi (3.3 from the city center, and Naval War College Museum, which is 2.4 mi (3.8 away.
Dressing for Jamestown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Jamestown is 48.46 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F