Visiting Goat Island
Visitors to Goat Island are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and waterfront. Around the area, top sights include Touro Synagogue, Fort Adams State Park, and International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Goat Island
- The closest major airport is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State) 6.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State) 13.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Goat Island
Boating is a top activity, and Newport Harbour is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Belle Mer and Regatta Place.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a marina and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Touro Synagogue, located 0.8 mi (1.3 from the heart of the city, and Fort Adams State Park, which is 0.8 mi (1.3 away.
Dressing for Goat Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- About 48.46 inches of rain falls on Goat Island each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 25°F