Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Halong, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, casinos, and coffeehouses.
- There are 166 hotels and other accommodations in Halong
- The closest major airport is in Haiphong (HPH-Cat Bi) 39.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Halong
Attractions like Sun World Ha Long Park and Dolphin Club are fun for everyone, not just kids. Top activities include kayaking and taking local tours, while Halong Bay Marina is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Long Tien Pagoda and Nha Tho Hon Gai Temple.
In Halong, there are 166 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aphrodite Cruises - With a stay at this 4.5-star cruise ship, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Signature Halong Cruise - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this cruise ship. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star cruise ship in Bai Chay can enjoy access to a marina and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Wyndham Legend Halong Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Bai Chay can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Halong
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 56°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 66°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 58°F
- Average annual rainfall for Halong is 2.17 inches
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 58°F