Visitors to Glengarriff are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and lakeside setting. A top sight in the area is Bantry House.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Glengarriff
- The closest major airport is in Killarney (KIR-Kerry) 48.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cahirciveen (CHE-Reeroe) 51.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glengarriff
The city's natural beauty is on display at Bamboo Park, Garnish Island, and Glengarriff Woods Nature Reserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Glengarriff Harbour and Blue Pool Ferry.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Casey's Hotel Glengarriff - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Bantry House, located 5.9 mi (9.4 from the city center.
Dressing for Glengarriff
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 40.71 inches of rain falls on Glengarriff each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F