Visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene in Kenmare, which is also known for its live music and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its golf courses. Top sights around the area include Gap of Dunloe and Bantry House.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Kenmare
- The closest major airport is in Killarney (KIR-Kerry) 33.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cahirciveen (CHE-Reeroe) 45 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kenmare
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Iverni Gallery, Kenmare Heritage Centre, and Kenmare Stone Circle. The city's natural beauty is on display at Carraig An Cappeen, Moll's Gap, and Killarney National Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Patrick's Church and Cromwell's Bridge.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Kenmare. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Driftwood B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Sheen Falls Country Club - Our customers like the helpful staff at this cottage. This 4-star cottage features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Davitt's Kenmare - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Top places to see around the area include Gap of Dunloe, located 10.1 mi (16.2 from the heart of the city, and Bantry House, which is 14.8 mi (23.9 away.
Dressing for Kenmare
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Kenmare gets about 36.14 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F