Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cowes, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its spas.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Cowes
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon) 81.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 85.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cowes
A favorite place to visit in the city is Phillip Island Ferry Dock. You'll also find Koala Conservation Centre and A Maze'N Things in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Cowes. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Silver Waters Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location.
- Glen Isla House - With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a free ferry terminal shuttle, along with free WiFi.
- Hilltop Apartments Phillip Island - Amenities at this 4-star apartment include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its comfortable beds.
Dressing for Cowes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Cowes gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F