Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 27 Aug. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Chester, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars and spas. Top sights in the city include Chester Zoo, Chester Cathedral, and Grosvenor Museum.
- There are 101 hotels and other accommodations in Chester
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon) 16.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN) 45.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chester
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Chester Cathedral, St Peter's Church, and Eastgate Clock. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to The Rows of Chester, Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet, and Cheshire Workshops. Other notable sights to explore include Chester Zoo and Grosvenor Museum.
In Chester, you'll be able to select from 101 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Edgar House - This 5-star bed & breakfast features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- 80 Watergate Street - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include a bar and laundry facilities.
- Stone Villa Guest House - This 5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Vue Cinema, located 15 mi (24.1 from the city center, and Liverpool ONE, which is 15.3 mi (24.6 away.
Getting Around Chester
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Chester Station, Bache Station, or Stanlow and Thornton Station. Chester may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chester
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Chester gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Chester?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Chester, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Chester?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Chester?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Chester?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Chester?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Chester?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Chester?
What's the best golf hotel in Chester?
Recent Reviews in Chester
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Chester airport?
- Where to stay near top Chester attractions?
- More accommodation types in Chester
- Which hotel chains are in Chester?
- What are the most popular hotels in Chester?
- Are there hotels near Chester?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends