Visiting Castel Gandolfo
Visitors to Castel Gandolfo are sure to enjoy the lakeside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ancient ruins, volcano viewpoints, and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, and Spanish Steps.
- You'll find 4845 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rome
- The closest major airport is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino) 7.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.) 33.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castel Gandolfo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Lake Albano and Lake Albano. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo and Museo delle Navi Romani.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Castel Gandolfo. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Castelgandolfo - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Hotel Castel Vecchio - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Top places to see in the area include Colosseum, located 13 mi (20.9 from the city center, and Trevi Fountain, which is 13.8 mi (22.1 away.
Dressing for Castel Gandolfo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- About 1.14 inches of rain falls on Castel Gandolfo each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 38°F