Search Cartagena, Bolivar Hotels from AU$98
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 18 Mar. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Cartagena, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, cafés, and museums. Top sights in the city include Puerta del Reloj, San Felipe de Barajas Castle, and San Pedro Claver Church and Convent.
- There are 520 hotels and other accommodations in Cartagena
- The closest major airport is in Cartagena (CTG-Rafael Nunez Intl.) 4.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cartagena
The city is well known for its live music and museums, and cultural venues include Museo del Oro y Arqueología, Cano Gallery, and Cartagena's Gold Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Puerta del Reloj, San Felipe de Barajas Castle, and San Pedro Claver Church and Convent. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Bocagrande Beach, Marbella Beach, and Castillo Grande Beach.
In Cartagena, you'll be able to select from 520 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Casablanca Belle & Boutique - This 4-star hotel in Cartagena Walled City features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Posada La Fe - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Cartagena Walled City can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Casa San Agustin - This 4.5-star hotel in Cartagena Walled City features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Cartagena include Jaime Moron Stadium and San Fernando Fort.
Dressing for Cartagena
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 74°F as the nighttime average
- About 2.83 inches of rain falls on Cartagena each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Cartagena?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Cartagena, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Cartagena?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Cartagena?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Cartagena?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Cartagena?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Cartagena?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Cartagena?
What's the best luxury hotel in Cartagena?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Cartagena?
What's the best accommodation in Cartagena to absorb the local history?
Recent Reviews in Cartagena
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Cartagena airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Cartagena?
- Where to stay near top Cartagena attractions?
- More accommodation types in Cartagena
- What kind of hotels are in Cartagena?
- Which hotel chains are in Cartagena?
- What are the most popular hotels in Cartagena?
- Are there hotels near Cartagena?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends