Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Canterbury, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral, lively bar scene, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the city include Canterbury Cathedral and St. Martin's Church.
- There are 74 hotels and other accommodations in Canterbury
- The closest major airport is in Manston (MSE-Kent Intl.) 20.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Southend-on-Sea (SEN-Southend Municipal) 41.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Canterbury
Cultural venues in the city include Royal Museum and Art Gallery, Canterbury Roman Museum, and The Canterbury Tales. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Canterbury Cathedral, St. Martin's Church, and Weaver's House. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Marlowe Theatre and Westgate Gardens.
In Canterbury, there are 74 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Goss Hall Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Ebury Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Iffin Farmhouse - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Leeds Castle, located 19.6 mi (31.5 from the heart of the city, and Royal St George's Golf Club, which is 12.8 mi (20.7 away.
Getting Around Canterbury
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Canterbury West Station, Canterbury East Station, or Canterbury Sturry Station. Canterbury might not have as many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Canterbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Canterbury each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Canterbury?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Canterbury, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Canterbury?
What's the best hotel for families in Canterbury?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Canterbury?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Canterbury?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Canterbury?
What's the best high-end hotel in Canterbury?
What's the best boutique hotel in Canterbury?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Canterbury?
Where's the best place to stay in Canterbury to absorb the local history?
Recent Reviews in Canterbury
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Canterbury airport?
- Where to stay near top Canterbury attractions?
- More accommodation types in Canterbury
- What kind of hotels are in Canterbury?
- Which hotel chains are in Canterbury?
- What are the most popular hotels in Canterbury?
- Are there hotels near Canterbury?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends