Bargain hunters enjoy visiting Butterworth though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's white-sand beaches and seafood restaurants. TESCO, Kek Lok Si Temple, and Fort Cornwallis are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Butterworth
- The closest major airport is in Penang (PEN-Penang Intl.) 21.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Butterworth
Favorite places to visit in the city include Ninth Emperor God Temple, Kelab Tentera Udara, and Sultan Abdul Halim Ferry Terminal. Additionally, in the area you'll find TESCO and Kek Lok Si Temple.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Butterworth. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- T+ Hotel Butterworth - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and overall condition.
- De Garden Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Lodge 18 Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its clean rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Fort Cornwallis, located 3.4 mi (5.5 from the city center, and Pinang Peranakan Mansion, which is 3.6 mi (5.7 away.
Dressing for Butterworth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- About 2.68 inches of rain falls on Butterworth each year
- February and March are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F