Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Burra has to offer. Around the area, top sights include Parliament House, National Gallery of Australia, and Old Parliament House. The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.) 28.2 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Burra
Parliament House, National Gallery of Australia, and Old Parliament House are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find National Museum of Australia and Australian War Memorial.
As you plan your getaway to Burra, you might not find the perfect accommodations in the city center, but here are some lodging options around the area.
- Crowne Plaza Canberra is 19.8 mi from the center of Burra. This 4-star hotel in Canberra features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Pinnacle Apartments is located 17.3 mi from the heart of Burra. This 4-star apartment in Kingston features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Capital Executive Apartment Hotel is 20.6 mi from central Burra. This 3-star hotel in Braddon features a restaurant, free parking, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is National Zoo and Aquarium, located 19.9 mi (32 from the city center.
Dressing for Burra
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 65°F during the day and 33°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Burra is 9.65 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 34°F