Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Bishop, which is also known for its mountain views and ski areas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, cafés, and breweries.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Bishop
- The closest major airport is in Bishop, CA (BIH-Eastern Sierra Regional) 11.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Mammoth Lakes, CA (MMH-Mammoth Yosemite) 43.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bishop
The city's cultural venues include Laws Railroad Museum and Mountain Light Gallery. The hiking trails and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Bishop City Park, Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest, and Keough's Hot Springs. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Paiute Palace Casino and Tri County Fairgrounds.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Bishop. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bishop - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- El Rancho Motel - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a free area shuttle. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Bishop
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 22°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bishop is 3.62 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 23°F