Visiting Kings Canyon National Park
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kings Canyon National Park, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its forests.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Kings Canyon National Park
- The closest major airport is in Bishop, CA (BIH-Eastern Sierra Regional) 62.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kings Canyon National Park
The hiking trails, forests, and parks highlight the city's natural beauty, and Zumwalt Meadow, Roaring River Falls, and Boyden Cavern are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Buck Rock Lookout and Buena Vista Peak.
As you book your getaway to Kings Canyon National Park, you may not find the ideal accommodation in the city center, but below are lodging choices in the area.
- Cedar Grove Lodge is located 4.4 mi from the heart of Kings Canyon National Park. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star lodge in Cedar Grove can enjoy access to a snack bar/deli and laundry facilities, along with an in-room iPod dock.
- Montecito Sequoia Lodge is 16.5 mi from the center of Kings Canyon National Park. This 2.5-star hotel in Kings Canyon National Park features ski slopes, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Stony Creek Lodge is 16.8 mi from central Kings Canyon National Park. Guests who stay at this 3-star lodge in Kings Canyon National Park can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Kings Canyon National Park
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 23°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 33°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 16°F
- Average annual rainfall for Kings Canyon National Park is 36.30 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 16°F