Search Bilbao, Basque Country Hotels
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Bilbao, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, lively bar scene, and shopping. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its art, cafés, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Santiago Cathedral, and Zubizuri Bridge.
- There are 118 hotels and other accommodations in Bilbao
- The closest major airport is in Bilbao (BIO) 5.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Vitoria (VIT) 44.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bilbao
Known for its museums, art, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, and Arriaga Theater. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Santiago Cathedral, Zubizuri Bridge, and Plaza Moyua. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Ribera Market and C.C. Zubiarte.
In Bilbao, there are 118 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Rural Errota-Barri - This 3-star country house features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Casa Rural Goiena - This 3-star country house features free WiFi, free parking, and a library.
- Hotel Embarcadero - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options.
Getting Around Bilbao
With so many ways to get around, exploring Bilbao is a breeze. Nearby metro stations include Abando Tram Stop, Abando Station, and Arriga Tram Stop. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Bilbao-Abando Station, Bilbao Zabalburu Station, or Bilbao Miribilla Station.
Dressing for Bilbao
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Bilbao is 1.69 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 45°F