Visitors can enjoy all that Sopelana has to offer including its beaches. Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, and Zubizuri Bridge are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 118 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bilbao
- The closest major airport is in Bilbao (BIO) 10.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sopelana
A favorite place to visit in the city is Sopelana Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Guggenheim Museum Bilbao and Bilbao Fine Arts Museum.
As you make plans for a getaway to Sopelana, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 114 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here you'll find a few of the places to stay in the region:
- Hotel Modus Vivendi is located in central Sopelana. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Sopelana can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with a private spa tub.
- Barceló Bilbao Nervión is located 0.4 mi from the heart of Sopelana. This 4-star hotel in Bilbao features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao is 8.3 mi from central Sopelana. This 5-star hotel in Bilbao features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a health club. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and quiet location.
Top places to see in the area include Zubizuri Bridge, located 8.1 mi (13.1 from the city center, and Plaza Moyua, which is 8.3 mi (13.3 away.
Getting Around Sopelana
Metro stations nearby include Sopelana Station and Larrabasterra Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Sopelana
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Sopelana gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 45°F