Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Barakaldo, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the waterfront, shopping, and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, and Plaza Moyua.
- You'll find 118 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bilbao
- The closest major airport is in Bilbao (BIO) 8.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Vitoria (VIT) 48.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Barakaldo
Favorite places to visit in the city include Bilbao Exhibition Centre, Sala de escape, and Teatro Barakaldo. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Estadio Nuevo Lasesarre and Estuary of Bilbao.
Below is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ibis Bilbao Barakaldo - With a stay at this 1-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Top places to see around the area include Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, located 3.4 mi (5.6 from the city center, and Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, which is 3.3 mi (5.3 away.
Getting Around Barakaldo
With so many ways to get around, seeing Barakaldo is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transit at Gurutzeta-Cruces Station, Ansio Station, and Barakaldo Metro Station. To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Barakaldo Lutxana Station or Barakaldo Station. You can take a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Barakaldo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Barakaldo gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 45°F