Search Amsterdam, North Holland Hotels from AU$63
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Amsterdam
Red Light District
Visit this historic and famous area of Amsterdam, known for its many bars, brothels and adult entertainment venues.
4.5/5Wonderful!(82 area reviews)
Taking a boat trip is one of the best ways to discover the historic monuments and elegant architecture along the canals of the city dubbed “The Venice of the North”.
4/5Very Good!(15 area reviews)
For big entertainment, visit this multicultural district, home of the Amsterdam ArenA, Heineken Music Hall and the forested Gaasperpark where you can enjoy watersports.
Travelers to Amsterdam give high marks for the fascinating museums, interesting architecture, and popular theater scene. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its monuments, art, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Nes, Dam Square, and Royal Palace.
- There are 853 hotels and other accommodations in Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol) 11.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague) 56.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amsterdam
Known for its museums, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include Amsterdam Museum, Anne Frank House, and Stopera. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Nes, Dam Square, and New Church. The picturesque setting of Hortus Botanicus and Artis exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Amsterdam, you'll be able to select from 853 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Breitner House - This 5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Stout & Co. - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a rooftop terrace, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Amsterdam Canal Guest Apartment - Amenities in this 3-star apartment include a kitchenette and free WiFi.
Other favorite sights in Amsterdam include Royal Palace, The Old Church, and Begijnhof. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Wet 'n Wild, located 18.7 mi (30.2 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Amsterdam
With so many ways to get around, seeing Amsterdam is simple. Nearby metro stations include Nieuwmarkt Station, Amsterdam Central Metro Station, and Waterlooplein Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Amsterdam Central Station, Amsterdam Muiderpoort Station, or Amsterdam Amstel Station.
Dressing for Amsterdam
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Amsterdam is 76.57 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Amsterdam?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Amsterdam, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Amsterdam?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Amsterdam?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Amsterdam?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Amsterdam?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Amsterdam?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Amsterdam?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Amsterdam?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Amsterdam?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Amsterdam?
Recent Reviews in Amsterdam
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Amsterdam airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Amsterdam?
- Where to stay near top Amsterdam attractions?
- More accommodation types in Amsterdam
- What kind of hotels are in Amsterdam?
- Which hotel chains are in Amsterdam?
- What are the most popular hotels in Amsterdam?
- Are there hotels near Amsterdam?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends