Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Yass, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the shopping and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and golf courses.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Yass
- The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.) 59.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Yass
Favorite places to visit in the city include Joe O'Connor Park, Yass Showgrounds, and Yass and District Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Yass Golf Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Yass. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Globe Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Thunderbird Motel - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this motel. This 4-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Colonial Lodge Motor Inn Yass - Amenities at this 3.5-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Getting Around Yass
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Yass Junction Station. Yass may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Yass
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 63°F with nighttime averages of 34°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Average annual rainfall for Yass is 20.63 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 35°F