Search Yamanouchi, Nagano Hotels from AU$88
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 23 Feb. 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Yamanouchi are sure to enjoy the ski areas and hot springs. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and spas. Top sights around the area include Jigokudani Monkey Park, Joshinetsu Kogen National Park, and Mt. Naeba Ski Resort. You'll find 418 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Nagano.
Sightseeing and Staying in Yamanouchi
Cultural venues in the city include Shiga Kogan Nature Conservation Center, Shiga Kogen Romance Museum, and Minzoku Shiryokan Gosetsu No Yakata. The hot springs and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Jigokudani Monkey Park, Shibu, and Mount Yokote. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Shiga Kogen, Maruike Ski Area, and Hasuike Ski Area are favorite sights to visit.
In Yamanouchi, there are 88 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wafu No Yado MASUYA - With a stay at this 3-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Shibu Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff at this ryokan. With a stay at this 4-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a spa tub, along with free WiFi.
- Shibu Onsen Sakaeya - With a stay at this 3-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Joshinetsu Kogen National Park, located 6.4 mi (10.3 from the city center, and Mt. Naeba Ski Resort, which is 15.5 mi (24.9 away.
Getting Around Yamanouchi
Head to Yudanaka Station to catch metro. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Yamanouchi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Yamanouchi gets about 44.68 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Yamanouchi?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Yamanouchi, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Yamanouchi?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Yamanouchi?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Yamanouchi?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Yamanouchi?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Yamanouchi?
What's the best hotel for a trip to the slopes in Yamanouchi?
Recent Reviews in Yamanouchi
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Yamanouchi airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Yamanouchi?
- Where to stay near top Yamanouchi attractions?
- More accommodation types in Yamanouchi
- What kind of hotels are in Yamanouchi?
- Which hotel chains are in Yamanouchi?
- What are the most popular hotels in Yamanouchi?
- Are there hotels near Yamanouchi?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends