History buffs will enjoy exploring Williams, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and local tours. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the area include Grand Canyon National Park, Mather Point, and Hopi House.
- You'll find 286 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Grand Canyon
- The closest major airport is in Flagstaff, AZ (FLG-Flagstaff Pulliam Field) 48.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Sedona, AZ (SDX) 57.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Williams
The city's cultural venues include Small Town America Museum and Thunder Eagle Native Art. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Kaibab Petroglyphs, Williams Depot, and Wild West Junction. The picturesque setting of Buckskinner Park and Kaibab National Forest Headquarters exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Williams, there are 64 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Grand Canyon Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Williams-Grand Canyon Area - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williams - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Humphreys Peak, located 29.5 mi (47.5 from the city center, and Lowell Observatory, which is 29.8 mi (47.9 away.
Getting Around Williams
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Williams Junction Station. Williams might not have as many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Williams
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 16°F at night
- Williams gets about 21.57 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 17°F