Search Washington, Maryland Hotels from AU$85
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
2509 Cheap Hotels In Washington D.C.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 24 Nov. 2020
Reviewed on 12 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 31 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 19 Oct. 2020
Where to stay in Washington
Downtown Washington D.C.
4.5/5Wonderful!(95 area reviews)
Shopping, fine dining and museums aplenty: Downtown really is where the business happens.
4/5Very Good!(34 area reviews)
This neighbourhood boasts the U.S. Capitol, Library of Congress, and enough familiar news backdrops to make your jaw drop.
5/5Exceptional!(5 area reviews)
A pleasant suburb on the banks of the Potomac River, home to the city’s oldest buildings, great shops and stylish bars.
4.5/5Wonderful!(26 area reviews)
Get ready for incredible architecture, restaurants and pubs in Dupont Circle.
4.5/5Wonderful!(21 area reviews)
Once a crumbling DC district; now a pleasant area where government buildings meet a cool student and artistic hub.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Washington, and visitors give high marks for the important monuments, fascinating museums, and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its parks, theaters, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Ford's Theater, White House, and United States Capitol.
- There are 916 hotels and other accommodations in Washington
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National) 6.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS) 12.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Washington
Known for its museums, art, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Ford's Theater, Arsenal, and National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, and Jefferson Memorial. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and these places to visit: Franklin Square, Bundy Playground, and Abraham Lincoln Statue.
In Washington, you'll be able to select from 916 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Trump International Hotel Washington DC - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Downtown Washington D.C. can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable beds and overall condition.
- The Jefferson, Washington, DC - Our customers like the dining options and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Dupont Circle can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Heaven on Washington - Center of City - This 4-star apartment in Chinatown features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its location.
Other favorite sights in Washington include White House, United States Capitol, and Arlington National Cemetery. Top places to see outside the city include Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, located 13.4 mi (21.5 from the heart of the city, and Six Flags America, which is 13.5 mi (21.7 away.
Getting Around Washington
With so many ways to get around, exploring Washington is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transit at 7th St. Convention Center Station, Gallery Place Chinatown Station, and Center Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Washington Union Station, Alexandria Station, or New Carrollton Station.
Dressing for Washington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.68 inches of rain falls on Washington each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Washington?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Washington, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Washington?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Washington?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Washington?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Washington?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Washington?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Washington?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Washington?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Washington?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Washington?
Recent Reviews in Washington
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Washington airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Washington?
- Where to stay near top Washington attractions?
- More accommodation types in Washington
- What kind of hotels are in Washington?
- Which hotel chains are in Washington?
- What are the most popular hotels in Washington?
- Are there hotels near Washington?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends