Travelers to Unawatuna give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its temples. In Unawatuna, there are 166 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Unawatuna
Notable city landmarks like Yatagala Raja Maha Viharaya and Japanese Peace Pagoda might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Mihiripenna Beach, Unawatuna Beach, and Jungle Beach. In the area, you'll also find Galle Harbour and Galle Lighthouse.
In Unawatuna, there are 166 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Heaven By O - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free valet parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- COCOBAY UNAWATUNA - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this resort. This 4-star resort features a private beach, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Gloria Grand Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Unawatuna
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- About 3.66 inches of rain falls on Unawatuna each year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 73°F