Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Truro, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city will delight tourists with its gardens, riverfront, and coffeehouses.
- There are 80 hotels and other accommodations in Truro
- The closest major airport is in Newquay (NQY-Newquay Cornwall) 20.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Plymouth (PLH-Plymouth City) 67.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Truro
The city's cultural venues include Hall for Cornwall and Trelissick Gardens. The gardens and riverfront highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Poppy Cottage Garden, Stithians Lake, and Chapel Porth Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tregothnan and Truro Cathedral.
In Truro, there are 80 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Old Vicarage - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- The Lugger Hotel - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Trewithian Farm B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Getting Around Truro
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Truro Station or Perranwell Station. Truro might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Truro
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Truro gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 40°F