Families will find kid-friendly activities in Taupo, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and relaxing spas. This city also attracts tourists with its waterfalls.
- There are 113 hotels and other accommodations in Taupo
- The closest major airport is in Taupo (TUO) 4.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Taupo
The lakeside and hot springs exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Craters of the Moon and Lake Taupo. Biking is just one of the top activities, while Barbary and Golf Club Taupo are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Taupo Museum and Art Gallery and Taupo Bungy.
In Taupo, there are 113 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairbairn House - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location.
- Serenity on Wakeman - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Pillars Retreat - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Taupo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 52°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Taupo gets about 42.20 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F