Visiting Sun City West
Visitors can enjoy all that Sun City West has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and sporting events. Peoria Sports Complex, Gila River Arena, and University of Phoenix Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2337 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Phoenix, AZ (DVT-Phoenix Deer Valley) 25.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Scottsdale, AZ (SCF) 40.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sun City West
Peoria Sports Complex, Gila River Arena, and University of Phoenix Stadium are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Wet 'n' Wild and Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion.
As you make plans for a getaway to Sun City West, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 163 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here you'll find a few places to stay in the area:
- New! 2BR Sun City West Condo w/ Resort Amenities! is 1.3 mi from the center of Sun City West. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Glendale can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- New! Exceptional Mid Century Golf Course Getaway is located 1.2 mi from the heart of Sun City West. This 3.5-star hotel in Midtown features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- New! 2BR Sun City West Home W/private Patio is 1.8 mi from central Sun City West. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Phoenix can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Sun City West
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 106°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 40°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sun City West is 8.07 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 104°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F