Search Siena, Tuscany Hotels from AU$66
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 1 Mar. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Siena, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedral, museums, and wineries. Top sights in the city include Civic Museum, Piazza del Campo, and Palazzo Pubblico.
- There are 237 hotels and other accommodations in Siena
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola) 54.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Siena
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Civic Museum, Museum of Torture, and Museo delle Tavolette di Biccherna. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Piazza del Campo, Siena Cathedral, and Torre del Mangia. Other notable sights to explore include Palazzo Pubblico and Stadio Artemio Franchi.
In Siena, you'll find 237 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residenza d'Epoca Relais Campo Regio - This bed & breakfast in Siena Historical Center features free WiFi, a bar, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Relais degli Angeli - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this property. With a stay at this property in Siena Historical Center, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi.
- La Terrazza sul Campo - This residence in Siena Historical Center features free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit in the area include Abbazia di San Galgano, located 14.7 mi (23.6 from the city center, and Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, which is 17.8 mi (28.6 away.
Getting Around Siena
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Siena Station or Siena Zona Industriale Station. Siena might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Siena
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 43°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 31.22 inches of rain falls on Siena each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Siena?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Siena, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Siena?
What's the best hotel for families in Siena?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Siena?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Siena?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Siena?
What's the best boutique hotel in Siena?
What's the best accommodation in Siena to be near historical sites?
Recent Reviews in Siena
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Siena airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Siena?
- Where to stay near top Siena attractions?
- More accommodation types in Siena
- What kind of hotels are in Siena?
- Which hotel chains are in Siena?
- What are the most popular hotels in Siena?
- Are there hotels near Siena?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends