Search Sao Paulo, Southeast Region Hotels from AU$35
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 12 Feb. 2020
Visiting Sao Paulo
Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Sao Paulo, which is also known for its art and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theaters, architecture, and live music. Top sights in the city include Municipal Theater, Pinacoteca do Estado Museum, and Sala Sao Paulo Concert Hall.
- There are 672 hotels and other accommodations in Sao Paulo
- The closest major airport is in Sao Paulo (CGH-Congonhas - Sao Paulo Intl.) 9.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Sao Paulo (GRU-Guarulhos - Governor Andre Franco Montoro Intl.) 20.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sao Paulo
The city is well known for its art and museums, and cultural venues include Municipal Theater, Pinacoteca do Estado Museum, and Sala Sao Paulo Concert Hall. Attractions like Professor Aristoteles Orsini Planetarium, Jockey Club, and Sao Paulo Botanical Garden are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Viaduto do Cha Walkway, Banespa Building, and Sao Bento Monastery.
In Sao Paulo, you'll be able to select from 672 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Palácio Tangará - This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Hotel Emiliano - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Cerqueira Cesar can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Cerqueira Cesar can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with WiFi.
Other favorite sights in Sao Paulo include Paulista Museum, Bank of Brazil Cultural Center, and Portuguese Language Museum.
Getting Around Sao Paulo
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Sao Paulo is simple. You can access metro transit at Anhangabau Station, Sao Bento Station, and Se Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Sao Paulo Luz Station, Sao Paulo Julio Prestes Station, or Sao Paulo Bras Station.
Dressing for Sao Paulo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Sao Paulo gets about 2.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 50°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Sao Paulo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sao Paulo, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Sao Paulo?
What's the best place to stay for families in Sao Paulo?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Sao Paulo?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Sao Paulo?
What is the top LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Sao Paulo?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Sao Paulo?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Sao Paulo?
What's the best luxury hotel in Sao Paulo?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Sao Paulo?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Sao Paulo?
Recent Reviews in Sao Paulo
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Sao Paulo airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Sao Paulo?
- Where to stay near top Sao Paulo attractions?
- More accommodation types in Sao Paulo
- What kind of hotels are in Sao Paulo?
- Which hotel chains are in Sao Paulo?
- What are the most popular hotels in Sao Paulo?
- Are there hotels near Sao Paulo?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends