Search Rotorua, Bay of Plenty Region Hotels from AU$78
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rotorua, and visitors give high marks for the relaxing spas and lakeside setting. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its hot springs and golf courses.
- There are 136 hotels and other accommodations in Rotorua
- The closest major airport is in Rotorua (ROT-Rotorua Regional) 6.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Tauranga (TRG) 52.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rotorua
Cultural venues in the city include Rotorua Arts Village, Tamaki Maori Village, and Rotorua Museum. Families come for attractions such as Skyline Rotorua, Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park, and Agroventures. The lakeside, hot springs, and forests highlight the city's natural beauty, and Government Gardens, Kuirau Park, and Redwoods Whakarewarewa Forest are worth a visit.
In Rotorua, you'll be able to select from 136 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Black Swan Lakeside Boutique Hotel - This 5-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa, and free breakfast.
- Quest Rotorua Central - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this apartment. This 4-star apartment features free WiFi, parking, and concierge services.
- Hamurana Lodge - With a stay at this 4.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Dressing for Rotorua
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 52°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Rotorua is 42.20 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Rotorua?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Rotorua, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Rotorua?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Rotorua?
What's the best hotel for couples in Rotorua?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Rotorua?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Rotorua?
What's the best luxury hotel in Rotorua?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Rotorua?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Rotorua?
Recent Reviews in Rotorua
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Rotorua airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Rotorua?
- Where to stay near top Rotorua attractions?
- More accommodation types in Rotorua
- What kind of hotels are in Rotorua?
- Which hotel chains are in Rotorua?
- What are the most popular hotels in Rotorua?
- Are there hotels near Rotorua?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends