Travelers to Reykjavik give high marks for the local tours, fascinating museums, and northern light views. Walkable and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its cafés, restaurants, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Hallgrimskirkja, Reykjavik City Hall, and National Museum of Iceland.
- There are 264 hotels and other accommodations in Reykjavik
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic) 2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Reykjavik (KEF-Keflavik Intl.) 37.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Reykjavik
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Museum of Iceland, Reykjavik Art Museum, and Reykjavík Museum of Photography. Notable city landmarks like Hallgrimskirkja and Perlan might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the northern lights and these places to visit: Blue Lagoon, Reykjavik Pond, and Oskjuhlid Hill.
In Reykjavik, you'll be able to select from 264 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Black Pearl - This 4.5-star aparthotel in Reykjavík 101 features free WiFi, parking, and a business center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Opal Apartments - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable beds at this apartment. This 4-star apartment in Reykjavík East features free WiFi, free valet parking, and a terrace.
- Reykjavik Residence Suites - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star apartment in Reykjavík 101 can enjoy access to a 24-hour business center and parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its clean rooms and location.
Other top sights in Reykjavik include Reykjavik City Hall. A top sight outside the city is Skalafell Ski Area, located 15.8 mi (25.3 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Reykjavik
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 41°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 55°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 48°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Reykjavik gets about 30.71 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 56°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F