Visiting Orpheus Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Orpheus Island has to offer including its beaches. You'll find 228 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Townsville. The closest major airport is in Palm Island, QLD (PMK) 17.6 from the city center. The next closest is in Townsville, QLD (TSV) 76.8 away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Orpheus Island
The picturesque setting of Cattle Bay Beach and Little Pioneer Bay Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Yank's Jetty to your agenda.
As you plan your getaway to Orpheus Island, you might not find the ideal place to stay centrally, but here are some lodging options around the area.
- Orpheus Island is 1.3 mi from the center of Orpheus Island. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Orpheus Island can enjoy access to a marina and a full-service spa, along with a private patio.
- Forrest Beach Hotel is located 14.5 mi from the heart of Orpheus Island. Guests who stay at this 2-star campground in Forrest Beach can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi.
- Hinchinbrook Resorts is 13.1 mi from central Orpheus Island. Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Lucinda can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private pool.
Dressing for Orpheus Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Orpheus Island is 40.35 inches
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 58°F