Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mooloolaba, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its spas. A top sight in the area is Australia Zoo.
- There are 71 hotels and other accommodations in Mooloolaba
- The closest major airport is in Maroochydore, QLD (MCY-Sunshine Coast) 9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE) 78.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mooloolaba
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Mooloolaba Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mooloolaba Esplanade is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Salt Caves Mooloolaba and SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast.
In Mooloolaba, you'll find 71 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Breeze Mooloolaba - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Oceans Mooloolaba - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this apartment. This 5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Pandanus Mooloolaba - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its pool and central location.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Australia Zoo, located 14.4 mi (23.1 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Mooloolaba
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 63°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Mooloolaba is 44.49 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 50°F