Families will find kid-friendly activities in Minden, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its casinos, lakeside, and shopping. Top sights around the area include Heavenly Ski Resort, Stewart Indian School, and Nevada State Railroad Museum.
- You'll find 283 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Carson City
- The closest major airport is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL) 21 from the city center
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe) 51.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Minden
A couple of favorite places to visit are Carson Valley Casino and Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park. In the area, you'll also find Heavenly Ski Resort and Stewart Indian School.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Nevada State Railroad Museum, located 13 mi (20.9 from the city center, and Nevada State Capitol, which is 13.9 mi (22.4 away.
Dressing for Minden
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 34°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Minden gets about 7.68 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 18°F