Visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting in Gardnerville, which is also known for its casinos and mountain views. Quaint and tucked away, this city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights in the area include Nevada State Capitol, Nevada State Museum, and Northern Nevada Children's Museum.
- You'll find 283 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Carson City
- The closest major airport is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL) 36.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.) 77 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gardnerville
The lakeside and mountain views exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Topaz Lake Park and Lampe Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Carson Valley Golf Course and Topaz Marina.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Topaz Lake Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features a casino, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Heavenly Ski Resort, located 20.5 mi (33 from the city center, and Stewart Indian School, which is 22 mi (35.4 away.
Dressing for Gardnerville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Gardnerville is 7.68 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F