Travelers to Makati give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. Culturally-rich and vibrant, this city will delight tourists with its entertainment choices, cafés, and festivals. Around the area, top sights include SM Mall of Asia, Ayala Center, and Resorts World Manila.
- You'll find 805 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Manila
- The closest major airport is in Manila (MNL-Ninoy Aquino Intl.) 5.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Makati
The city is well known for its festivals and live music, and cultural venues include Ayala Museum, Alliance Francaise, and Makati Museum. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Ayala Center, Glorietta Mall, and SM Makati. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Makati Stock Exchange and Philippines Stock Exchange.
In Makati, you'll be able to select from 214 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Raffles Makati - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and pool.
- Fairmont Makati, Manila - Our customers like the bar and proximity to the airport at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Discovery Primea - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Top places to see outside the city include SM Mall of Asia, located 3.4 mi (5.5 from the heart of the city, and Resorts World Manila, which is 2.5 mi (4.1 away.
Getting Around Makati
With so many ways to get around, exploring Makati is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transit at Buendia Station, Ayala Station, and Ayala Center Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Manila Pasay Road Station, Manila EDSA Station, or Manila Buenidia Station.
Dressing for Makati
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 91°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 69°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 69°F as the nighttime average
- Makati gets about 81.02 inches of rain per year
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 69°F