Visitors can enjoy all that Maffra has to offer including the golf courses, wineries, and museums. Those visiting the city may also want to explore places in the larger area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Maffra
Favorite places to visit in the city include Maffra Golf Course, Gippsland Vehicle Collection, and Maffra Visitor Information Centre. Additionally, you might want to add Avon Ridge Vineyard to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation to Maffra, you might not find the perfect place to stay in the heart of the city, but here are lodging choices around the area.
- Maffra Motor Inn is located 1.2 mi from the heart of Maffra. Guests who stay at this 3-star motel in Maffra can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Matador is 11.3 mi from central Maffra. This 4-star motel in Sale features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Comfort Inn & Suites King Avenue is 10.1 mi from the center of Maffra. This 3.5-star motel in Sale features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for Maffra
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- About 19.72 inches of rain falls on Maffra each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while August and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F