Visiting Macquarie Park
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Macquarie Park, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its university setting, lakeside, and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Sydney Showground, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Sydney Opera House.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 17.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Macquarie Park
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Macquarie Shopping Centre is a favorite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Macquarie University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Lane Cove National Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Macquarie Park. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Meriton Suites North Ryde - This 5-star apartment features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Sydney-North Ryde - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its overall value and room size.
Popular places to see in the area include Sydney Showground, located 5.7 mi (9.1 from the city center, and Sydney Harbour Bridge, which is 7 mi (11.3 away.
Getting Around Macquarie Park
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Macquarie Park is easy. Head over to Macquarie Park Station for metro transit. If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Macquarie University Station.
Dressing for Macquarie Park
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Macquarie Park is 46.77 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F