Search Lanark, Scotland Hotels from AU$86
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors to Lanark are sure to enjoy the waterfalls, riverfront, and bars. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its monuments.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Lanark
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI) 40.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.) 46.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lanark
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Craignethan Castle and New Lanark. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and Falls of the Clyde. Additionally, you might want to add Falls of Clyde to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Lanark. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- New Lanark Mill Hotel & Self Catering Waterhouses - This 3-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Robertson Arms Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Scottish Equestrian B&B - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Celtic Park, located 20.5 mi (33 from the city center, and Royal Highland Centre, which is 24.4 mi (39.3 away.
Getting Around Lanark
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Lanark Station or Lanark Carstairs Station. Lanark might not have as many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lanark
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 63°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 56°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 0.94 inches of rain falls on Lanark each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 63°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Lanark?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lanark, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Lanark?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Lanark?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Lanark?
What's the best accommodation in Lanark that's close to historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Lanark?
Recent Reviews in Lanark
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Lanark airport?
- Where to stay near top Lanark attractions?
- More accommodation types in Lanark
- Which hotel chains are in Lanark?
- What are the most popular hotels in Lanark?
- Are there hotels near Lanark?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends