Visiting Fraser Island
Visitors to Fraser Island are sure to enjoy the local tours and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Fraser Island
- The closest major airport is in Hervey Bay, QLD (HVB) 29.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fraser Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Lake Allom, The Pinnacles, and Eli Creek. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Maheno Shipwreck and Seventy-Five Mile Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Fraser Island. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sailfish on Fraser - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- Eurong Beach Resort - Our customers like the room size at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Kingfisher Bay Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a marina and 2 outdoor pools, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Dressing for Fraser Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 69°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 63°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Fraser Island is 37.91 inches
- December and February are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 57°F