Travelers to Florianopolis give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and coffeehouses. Top sights in the city include Mole Beach and Lagoinha do Leste Beach.
- There are 395 hotels and other accommodations in Florianopolis
- The closest major airport is in Florianopolis (FLN-Hercilio Luz Intl.) 7.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Florianopolis
The city is notable for landmarks like Florianopolis Cathedral, Rosario Steps, and Hercilio Luz Bridge. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Mole Beach, Lagoinha do Leste Beach, and Santa Catarina Island. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are XV of November Square and Historical Museum of Santa Catarina.
In Florianopolis, you'll be able to select from 395 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Pousada Santarina - This 2.5-star pousada features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Pousada Ilha Faceira - This 2.5-star pousada features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Residencial Castelo da Ilha - This 2.5-star apartment in Ingleses do Rio Vermelho features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar.
A top sight outside the city is Campeche Island, located 8.4 mi (13.5 from the center of the city.
Dressing for Florianopolis
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 68°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 62°F at night
- Florianopolis gets about 52.40 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 58°F