Search Engelberg, Obwalden Hotels from AU$175
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Engelberg are sure to enjoy the ski areas, mountain views, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its monuments. Around the area, top sights include Mount Pilatus, Swiss Transportation Museum, and Chapel Bridge.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Engelberg
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp) 69.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Zurich (ZRH) 71.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Engelberg
Notable city landmarks like Engelberg Abbey and Fuerenalp Cable Car might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as Titlis Glacier and Swiss Alps. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Alpines Solebad Hotel Waldegg, Engelberg-Titlis Ski Resort, and Bordbahn are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Engelberg. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Spannort Hotel & Restaurant - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Bellevue-Terminus - Our customers like the proximity to public transit at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Schweizerhof Engelberg - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Mount Pilatus, located 13 mi (20.9 from the city center, and Swiss Transportation Museum, which is 16.3 mi (26.2 away.
Getting Around Engelberg
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Engelberg Station. Engelberg might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Engelberg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 26°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Engelberg is 1.18 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Engelberg?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Engelberg, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Engelberg?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Engelberg?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Engelberg?
Where's the best place to stay for a ski holiday in Engelberg?
Recent Reviews in Engelberg
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Engelberg airport?
- Where to stay near top Engelberg attractions?
- More accommodation types in Engelberg
- What kind of hotels are in Engelberg?
- Which hotel chains are in Engelberg?
- What are the most popular hotels in Engelberg?
- Are there hotels near Engelberg?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends