Visiting Encounter Bay
Visitors to Encounter Bay are sure to enjoy the seaside and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and bars.
- You'll find 39 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Victor Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Adelaide, SA (ADL) 71.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Encounter Bay
Places to visit in the larger region include Victor Harbor Golf Club, Granite Island, and Warland Reserve. Additionally, you'll find Encounter Coast Discovery Centre and South Australian Whale Centre in the area.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- The Bluff Resort Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and quiet location.
Dressing for Encounter Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 56°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Average annual rainfall for Encounter Bay is 21.02 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F