History buffs will enjoy exploring Dingwall, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Rural and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its local tours and bars.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Dingwall
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV) 23.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dingwall
Favorite places to visit in the city include Dingwall Museum, Ben Wyvis, and Dalmore Distillery. In the area, you'll also find Strathpeffer Pump Room and Upper Pump Room.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Dingwall. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Tornapress - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Kinkell House Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Amenities at this 3-star hotel include a restaurant and an in-room coffeemaker.
- Tulloch Castle Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Dingwall
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Dingwall Station or Conon Bridge Station. Dingwall might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Dingwall
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 62°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 63°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 56°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Dingwall gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 63°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 34°F