Visitors to Devizes are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's archaeological sites and forests. Around the area, top sights include Stonehenge, Bath Abbey, and Roman Baths.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Devizes
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.) 51 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Devizes
The city's cultural venues include Kennet & Avon Canal and Wiltshire Heritage Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Longleat, Corsham Court, and Old Town. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wadworth Brewery and Oare House.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Devizes. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vine Cottage B&B - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Blounts Court Farm - B&B - Our customers like the breakfast at this B&B. With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The George & Dragon - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Stonehenge, located 11.5 mi (18.5 from the heart of the city, and Bath Abbey, which is 17 mi (27.3 away.
Dressing for Devizes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Devizes gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F