Visiting Cradle Mountain
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Cradle Mountain, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, top-notch restaurants, and relaxing spas. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its lakeside. Top sights in the city include Dove Lake and Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Cradle Mountain
- The closest major airport is in Devonport, TAS (DPO) 67.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cradle Mountain
The mountain views, parks, and lakeside highlight the city's natural beauty, and Dove Lake, Cradle Mountain, and Mount Emmett are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre and Weindorfers Tower.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Cradle Mountain. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cradle Mountain Highlanders Cottages - This 3.5-star cabin features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Dressing for Cradle Mountain
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Cradle Mountain gets about 35.04 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F