Search Cradle Mountain, Tasmania Hotels from AU$100
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 1 Jan. 2021
Visiting Cradle Mountain
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Cradle Mountain, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, top-notch restaurants, and relaxing spas. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its lakeside. Top sights in the city include Dove Lake and Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Cradle Mountain
- The closest major airport is in Devonport, TAS (DPO) 67.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cradle Mountain
The mountain views, parks, and lakeside highlight the city's natural beauty, and Dove Lake, Cradle Mountain, and Mount Emmett are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre and Weindorfers Tower.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Cradle Mountain. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cradle Mountain Highlanders Cottages - This 3.5-star cabin features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
- Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Dressing for Cradle Mountain
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Cradle Mountain gets about 35.04 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Cradle Mountain?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Cradle Mountain, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Cradle Mountain?
What's the best place to stay for families in Cradle Mountain?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Cradle Mountain?
What's the best high-end hotel in Cradle Mountain?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Cradle Mountain?
Recent Reviews in Cradle Mountain
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Cradle Mountain airport?
- Where to stay near top Cradle Mountain attractions?
- More accommodation types in Cradle Mountain
- What kind of hotels are in Cradle Mountain?
- Which hotel chains are in Cradle Mountain?
- What are the most popular hotels in Cradle Mountain?
- Are there hotels near Cradle Mountain?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends